Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Inaugural Address & Attack of the Ants

I thought that maybe 2008 was going to be the year that we finally staved off the annoying little ants that descend upon us each spring. Oh no, I was wrong! It starts out innocently enough. One ant by the faucet, one on the windowsill. Even after spotting only a half dozen ants I called my husband, who was on his way to get some groceries, and told him "We need ant bait!" Within 2 hours of the first sighting, a mass of baits were placed anxiously awaiting unsuspecting ants. They don't seem to be so unsuspecting this year though. The whole army is collecting on the ceiling above the sink planning their strategy. I didn't see what they could possibly find on the ceiling that was so interesting, but then my husband said that they were probably just looking for Lionel Richie. It makes perfect sense....ants with a love of great 80s music! I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens next.

No comments: