Saturday, June 14, 2008

Inspiring Projects

In a continued effort to get inspired for creating more items for my etsy shop, I have been perusing the internet to find fantastic projects. These aren't really things that I plan to make and sell, just things that I think may put a little spark back underneath me. Hopefully you will find something exciting and useful as well. The first are these fantastic Mason Jar Lights from a Design*Sponge reader Whitney Gaylord. Against my husband's desire for a super modern decor, I just can't help myself from being enamored with the primitive style. These simple lights fit the bill perfectly. It is a project that is a bit more geared for someone who has some handy-man skills, but as nice as these look, it will definitely be worth the effort.



Next, is this very cute Tape Measure Pouch that Jodie of ricracsews has created. The instructions look a bit daunting at first, but after reading through them it appears that anyone that is slightly more advanced than just a beginning seamstress should be able to figure it out as they go. I don't consider myself much further than maybe slightly more than beginner when it comes to machine sewing. I have found that pattern instructions always look like Greek until you actually start putting the project together. Having the pieces in front of you and being able to play with them makes all the difference in making heads or tails of the instructions.

No comments: