Saturday, August 30, 2008

Day at the Museum


Last Saturday, Jeff and I decided to do something new and different. While I have been to a variety of museums over the years having grown up so close to Washington D.C. and all of the Smithsonian museums, I had never been to any art museums. We made the trek up to Pittsburgh to go the Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History. We spent about 3 hours just wandering around and taking it all in. We got to see Monet's Waterlilies, which was huge. We saw some drawings by Picasso, a Gustav Klimt, and I found a new painting that I really by Signac shown above. I have always loved Georges Seurat and this reminded me a lot of his "Sunday Afternoon". It wasn't all intellectual though. We did goof off a little in the natural history side. I froze off my tatas in a fake igloo. And Jeff had to fend off a polar bear who thought I looked like a tasty 'lil Eskimo.

No comments: