Monday, June 9, 2008

Old friends, Great Times

After 11 years, I finally met up with a great friend from high school this weekend. We spent countless hours on the phone, laughing and sharing stories of our teenage angst, traveled to far away places (Phoenix, AZ, and Montreal, Canada are far away when you're only 16 or 17 years old!) partaking in musical adventures, and went to senior prom together. Definitely times that are not easily forgotten. Even though we had talked sporadically throughout the years, we had, like many people, lost touch and really did not know much of what the other was doing in life. It's easy to talk about getting together and a whole other story to actually do so. I have to say that I was more than a little nervous to see this person that I felt I knew so well after all this time. I discovered that it only takes a few short moment to get over those "Oh my God, I haven't seen you in so long" jitters and merely hours to catch up on what is most important to each of us before we felt like we were right back where we had been all those years ago. Makes me wonder why we waited so long to meet up again. I know one thing for certain. I won't be waiting another 11 years to meet up with my friend again. It's really important to take a break from the everyday "stuff" we get caught up in and enjoy our friends and family.

No comments: